Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

A Sowing We Will Go....

Well I have been very lucky in my part of the world with the weather of late, and it has enabled me to get out and sow some lovely seeds and start to get into the spring fever.  Yes I know, it may be too early for some of you, but sowing sweet peas, and onions into trays and then into a cold greenhouse, is very satisfying and you know they will happily germinate for you in the next few weeks.  It's also nice to sow some broad beans too, and the variety I have chosen is 'Crimson Flowered'.  It is an heirloom variety and will withstand most anything it has to endure whilst growing well and producing a good crop.
I have also been sowing chillies in the vitopod heated propagator I have.  It's a brilliant thing, and I highly recommend it.  The varieties I have sown this time are 'Anaheim', 'Jalapeno', and 'Prairie Fire'.  I have also sown peppers 'Marconi Red', and 'Lombardo'.  I will be supplementing these with a few more varieties in the coming weeks.
I am getting excited to be coming into February, as I will be able to sow even more different seeds and more lovely heirloom varieties, with all this in mind for getting my nursery plans on the go.  I have decided that is what I want to do, so I am currently looking for space in which to site a couple of polytunnels, and then we're off!
I will keep you all posted on this development, so watch this space guys!

Happy Sowing!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter and happy spring,

    I hope you winter went quickly. I'm really looking forward to gardening again.

    Cheers, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joy of spring fever! It hits as soon as the daffodils begin to bloom. Have fun in the garden :)

    http://growmoresquared.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, check out my site as we've got some very good greenhouses at awesome prices ;)

    http://growmoresquared.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete