Pages

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Singing In The Rain ...

Wonderful! It is raining heavy and strong, and the garden is bursting into song!  Nothing is more needed at this time of year, even though the temperatures are rising, and the rain comes here and there, the earth still needs its drink.  As I watch out at the garden from my back door, I swear I can hear the plants' collective sighs of pleasure, as they absorb the water deep into their roots.  Then as quick as the heavy shower arrived, the sun comes out blazing, and arcing across the sky, and then they all smile, and bask in its wondrous warmth.
Day by day, more of the garden is opening up to me; delphiniums, clematis, hydrangeas starting to colour, but also the excitement of seeing the scarlet of the new bean flowers, and the pale yellow of the tomato flowers shyly showing themselves behind deeply lush leaves of emerald green. A firm favourite right now is of course my lilies, regal in their posture, perfect in their palette.  Oh what joy besets me this morn ...


2 comments:

  1. My lilies are just starting to bloom. I look forward to their display. Your photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a gardener after my own heart! What a lovely splash of sunshine you bring to the blogging world! I always imagine the blossoms whispering, "thank you, thank you" after a rain.

    ReplyDelete