Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Pottering gently...

Well, a lovely few hours were spent at my allotment today, making a sturdy willow frame for a row of gherkin plants, and I happily planted out plugs of peas that I've grown from seed in the greenhouse just two weeks ago.  We are having a mini heatwave at the moment, so armed with a good straw sun hat, and a couple of bottles of mineral water, I lost myself in my patch just tinkering away.  It is so lovely to see everything really happy to be growing away, and for the plot to be taking shape nicely.  All my potatoes are through, and the Jerusalem artichokes have all started to poke through, looking perky and bright, so it doesn't fail to bring a smile to me, that everything is appreciating the nurture. 

Here are my beautiful strawberries



So, off I'll now go into the greenhouses to pot on some purple cauliflowers, with a little nod to the nasturtiums trailing down my steps, waiting to burst into orange delights, begging 'pick me' for a jazzy addition to my salad supper.

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile. It reminded me of my days gardening away. Welcome to Blotanical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasturtium flowers (and chive flowers) add a lot to the look of a salad as well as to the taste. Although we have had visitors who looked a bit taken aback......

    ReplyDelete