Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Summer Solstice

Well here we are! The longest day! I have been looking forward to this day from early spring, hoping that by now our summer would have well and truly arrived, but for where I live, sadly this isn't so.
We have spent the last week or more, knee-deep in heavy rain, or sodden days and ominous black cloud.  I have started to feel quite low in my mood, as usually this time of year helps with this, usually it being bright and warmer, but this year, after a three week heatwave in April, we've had no summer to speak of.
My garden is looking good though, don't get me wrong, as I most certainly appreciate the wet stuff for the good it does to my plants, but even they are getting fed-up of wet feet, I now think, and would love some warm sunshine to their bones! 
The only consolation I have going at the moment, is that I am heading down to Burgundy in a few week's time, to sit and drink good wine, eat wonderfully fragrant and juicy fruit and veg, and to talk late into the night cuddled up with my husband, about plans afoot, and lifestyle changes being made, and to just enjoy some warmth and sunshine, and no constraints of day to day school runs and phone calls and places to be.  I have been counting down the days, sorting out summer clothes to take, and generally getting into 'french' mindset!
As my spiritual home is France, I am thoroughly looking forward to our trip, and of course, the laden car full of goodies, to enjoy the rest of the year  :)
So, for now, I will put my 'longest' day on hold, and re-live it in a more appropriate setting!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great trip! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plans afoot and lifestyle changes? That sounds interesting! It is pissing with rain here, but we gratefully get blue skies and sunshine on the in between days.

    ReplyDelete