Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

The Grapes Are Getting Fat...

Oh how lovely! Fatter and fatter they get! This red wine making variety 'Marechal Foch' is quite happy growing in the UK climate, as it is suited to cooler temperatures and can withstand down to -15.  What a lucky bunny I am to be able to look forward to harvesting these later in the summer!



So, after a lovely morning on the allotment again, my peas are all flowering and podding up, and very shortly I shall be like a child in a sweet shop, with my trug, collecting the bounty of them.

How does it go?  'some for me, some for the pot, some for me, some for me ....'

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful, your own grapes! Are there enough to make wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere Bluebell-Botanics,
    Love your blog design... good to find you on Blotanical!
    Cheers,
    Alice
    aka Alice's Garden Travel Buzz / Bay Area Tendrils

    ReplyDelete