Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2011

A Lucky Find!

Well, what a few days I've had.  Sadly, upon reaching my allotment the other day, I found it vandalised.  My netting fence had been torn off its posts, a large dog had been allowed to rampage about in my plot and trample everything, and then leave its dog mess all over.  Needless to say, I was quite upset by this.  After the initial shock, and clearing up, I telephoned the council, to make them aware, and I was told that the police would be contacted as it was classed as vandalism, and the site would be monitored periodically for a few days, as it is right next to a dog walkers recreation area, but it still has stock fencing all around it, so people shouldn't have even been in the allotment site with dogs anyway, as its forbidden.  I still felt sad and low that this had been done, as no one elses plot was affected, and mine is so infant, so I am now in discussion to transfer or take on another plot at another more secure site across town.
Then, today, I decided to go collecting nettles down the river bank, to make my nettle liquid feed.  There I was in thick garden gloves, snipping away good style, filling up a black bin liner, when I came across a big patch of clover.  A quick scan and a joke that I could do with some luck, produced a gorgeous big four-leaved one staring back at me!  Gosh, how happy I was!  I havn't seen a real four-leaved clover since I was a child, so I picked it and made my husband carefully guard it with his life, while I finished getting my nettles!
Needless to say, the trials of the last few days, all started to melt away, and once home, I put the lucky clover into my diary on the day that I found it.  It will now keep with me always.

It just goes to show, there is always going to be something good come out of something bad, even if it takes a little longer than you may think at the time.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that your plot was vandalized! Hope things are not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the loss of your plot, how heartbreaking! Lets hope that clover brings you lots of luck and happier times ahead =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I really hope the four-leafed clover will bring you lots of luck!

    Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete