Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Oh Jolly June...

So here we are already.  Heading off into the sixth month of the year.  It really doesn't seem five minutes since I spent the dark nights all cosy in my living room, poring over seed catalogues, and drawing up drafts of how I wanted to transform my small back garden once the better days arrived.  Now I am filled with mental lists for pricking out and sowing on, both for the garden, and now especially, my new allotment which I have had all of five weeks!  I have worked like a demon to get the ground prepared since it was rotavatored for us to start with, and I now have a plot almost filled to bursting, as its all been grown from seed by me in my greenhouses.  That feeling of sowing the seeds, then the sheer anticipation of when their little heads poke out of the soil or compost, is just magical, and it takes you back to being that curious and fascinated child once again.  I am now watching my new violet artichokes coming through, and the delicate leaves of the cosmos as they change from seed leaf to true leaves, are mesmerising.

As the days move along, it will become a riot of colour once more, and we will instantly forget those winter days - at least for another six months.

2 comments:

  1. gardening is putting dream into reality... it's nice to see colors all around us..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! Your enthusiasm for gardening comes through straight away in what you have written. I hope you will soon show us some pictures of your new allotment... I don't have an allotment, but I do have a veg plot, and I do get a lot of pleasure (and produce!) from it, so perhaps you will visit my blog too?

    ReplyDelete